Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Impression




1st day
HKUST is a small university building on the hillside and face to the ocean. It has a beautiful scenery and is a favorite field trip destination. Although it is small, I hadn't managed to venture around the university. The first day is full of registrations, opening account, buying stuff, etc etc. To me, it is quite weird since the local and international students have different orientation. As we walked around the campus, we could see students wearing different Hall T-shirts and participate in their activities. It felt that the international student are left out, but may be it is because the office consider some non-local students don't know how to speak in cantonese?

2nd day
I woke up to find out today is typhoon no.8(and increase to no.9 later that day). All the orientation activities had been canceled. For Malaysia students who had never faced typhoon, we just brave ourselves and ventured around the campus. The wind blow at a strong magnitude that we never experienced or imagined before. We could not even walk in straight line and most of time we walked and floated at the same time. Basically, this day end in campus tour lead by Malaysia seniors. All the class will be take placed in the main Academic Concourse and inside is just like a maze. Well, it will take me some time to familiar with that place. We also visiting some other halls and made comparisons. Hall IV has the biggest and noisiest room, New Hall has basin inside the room(I would much like that!), but I think I will satisfied with Hall II. Due to typhoon, all the school canteens had been closed and Mac Donald is the only opening restaurant(We don't have much choice.....)

3rd day
Today we went to Mong Kok. My conclusion is it is a very busy street. It is so crowded with people even at late of night. Sleepless city! We just spend our half day there, shopping! According to the other students, the clothes and cosmetic products there are quite cheap to which I, to tell the truth, cant really differentiate it. They said that I will learn to use the cosmetic soon, well, my old friend, how do you think of that?



















4th day
Coming soon............

1 comment:

PRINCESS TT said...

typhoon so fun!!!
btw, can i add this blog to my blogroll? or u want to set as private...